Luke and Simon’s 10 To Follow
On Monday, 6th November we hosted the At The Races Jump Season Preview Raceday, featuring the Plumpton Panel comprising of ATR raceday presenter, Luke Harvey and raceday commentator, Simon Holt.
The Chaser’s Bar was full of punters keen to find out who the duo have picked to be their “10 to follow” this season.
The pair decided not to focus on the big names, but did acknowledge that the obvious choices could include Might Bite, Sizing John and Thistlecrack.
Their 10 to follow this season are:
- Benatar – trained by Gary Moore. Luke believes this horse to be a Festival contender via a Plumpton Cheltenham Bonus Series qualifying race.
- Singlefarmpayment – he was beaten by a short head at the 2017 Festival and Simon thinks there is more to come from him.
- If The Cap Fits – trained by Harry Fry
- Red River – trained by Kim Bailey and won at Wincanton recently
- Yanworth – trained by Alan King. Luke says this horse has lots of class and staying power
- London Prize – this horse Simon describes as “genuine” has come through from the flat and is still progressing well.
- Euro Anchor – an unraced bumper from Nicky Henderson’s yard
- French Crusader – another unraced horse of Nicky Henderson’s described as “an absolute nutcase but with great ability” who should be ready to run in the next few weeks.
- Chosen Path – trained by Alan King, Simon believes this horse to be “well put together” and has a recent win at Fontwell under his belt.
- Cloudy Dream – trained by Malcom Jefferson, Simon says this horse consistently runs at a high level.
Do keep an eye out for these 10 – we certainly hope to see some at Plumpton this year as they establish/continue their careers!